Friday, August 21, 2009

Is This Just a Fad?

As if my lack of tech skills wasn't embarrassing enough, I decided to take a Social Networking "How to" course. I was probably the only one under the age of 55 in the room. This wouldn't have been so bad if what I was doing was bringing me great success and I was only adding to my marketing repertoire. I have a website. I've sent the postcards. I've done Floor Call. I even have a bus bench (which I am happy to say has not been defaced with the Sharpie evil mustache and goatee. Yet.) Eight months into my fledgling career, I don't have an overflowing list of clients. The ones I do have are pretty diverse, and a few of them are people I have known for years (thanks, Mom).

So there I am at the Realtor's Association and a 15 year old boy steps up to the front to introduce himself and the other speaker. Except he was actually 24- a Grown Up. Oh crap. I am a grammar dictator, a fluent Francophile, a sometime Swedish-Italian-Polish speaking biliophile, but I do not speak 20-something. He's going to be talking and telling jokes in techno-jargonese. Maybe I can sneak out...


How many of you have heard of Facebook? Twitter? LinkedIn or Blogs? Yes, yes, yes and yes. Which is more than many of the others, I was not unhappy to note. Have you ever purchased anything on line? Uhh- Yes. Then you can do this. That was encouraging!

So now I have a blog and hopefully it will get more interesting. Feel free to comment, question, and even critique- but be constructive, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment